When what you need is qualiﬁed leadership, individual attention, and consistent management in the care of your senior, Geriatric Care Management may be right for you.
Laura Cayce is CaraVita’s Director of Care Management and over our Geriatric Care Management program. She is an Alzheimer’s Association support group facilitator, and a member of the National Association of Social Workers, the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Manager, and the National Alzheimer’s Association. Laura earned her Master degree in Social Work with an emphasis on Gerontology from the University of Texas at Austin, and holds a BS in Psychology from the University of Georgia.
A dedicated advocate to the senior community, Laura’s passion lies in her work with families and seniors during difficult life transitions, advising and guiding clients and their loved ones through the decision-making process. Laura and her team promote safety, self-determination, and independence for seniors, while guiding them through the continuum of care.
Laura can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the main office at 770-643-1712.
Our certified Geriatric Care Managers (GCMs) can help your loved one in:
- The navigation of Medicare, Medicaid, and managed care systems
- Assistance with placement and housing
- The coordination of care and support for activities of daily living
- Guidance in financial, legal, and medical affairs
- Community referrals
- Serving as a local point of contact for long distance family members
We help individuals and families adjust and cope with the challenges of aging or disability by:
- Conducting care-planning assessments to identify needs and eligibility for assistance
- Screening, arranging, and monitoring in-home help and other services
- Reviewing financial, legal, or medical issues
- Offering referrals to specialists to avoid future problems and to conserve assets
- Providing crisis intervention
- Acting as a liaison to families at a distance
- Making sure things are going well and alerting families of problems
- Assistance with moving to or from a retirement complex or assisted living facility
- Providing client and family education and advocacy
- Offering counseling and support