Being heart healthy doesn’t mean you can’t eat dessert! This cheesecake recipe will make your family and heart happy. GO RED NORTH FULTON!
From the Mayo Clinic Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup skim milk, heated almost to boiling
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg, or 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- Lemon zest (optional)
Combine water, gelatin and lemon juice in blender container. Process on low speed 1 to 2 minutes to soften gelatin. Add hot milk, processing until gelatin is dissolved. Add egg substitute, sugar, vanilla and cheese to blender container. Process on high speed until smooth. Pour into 9″ pie plate or round flat dish. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. If you wish, top with grated lemon zest just before you serve and enjoy!